Arttrober 2025 (Part 4 of 4)

A drawing of the character known as the Sorceress from the He-Man cartoons. The Sorceress is a white haired woman with blue eyes. She's wearing a feashered dress emulates a bird of prey like a hawk, blue and white with hanging sleeves like wings in blue and orange; she also wears a diadem shaped like a bird of prey's face and beak. In the drawing, the Sorceress is standing before the viewer with her arms raised up behind her head, presenting the 'wings' of her dress for all to see.

It's October, and that means that once again I'm following the prompts for Arttrober, a daily drawing challenge that requires artists to draw specific characters from anime, comics and games over the course of the month. This post will collect the final seven days of the challenge, starting from October 25th.

The first eight days of this drawing challenge are to found here.

A drawing of the character Faye Valentine from the anime Cowbody Bebop. Faye is a young-appearing woman with a pale complexion, black hair going down to her neck pulled back by a hairband, and green eyes. She wears a cropped yellow shirt and yellow shorts, salmon-pink stockings and a red jacket that she wears off-the-shoulder, tied around her midriff. In the drawing she's standing with one arm raised against a distant light while glancing across at the viewer.
25 Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop)

Cowboy Bebop is an old favourite of mine, though it's been a while since I last watched it. It might be time to do that again, given that it's one of the few animes I own a physical copy of. It's nice to draw characters that I'm actually familiar with now and then.

There was also the live action remake, but unfortunately I never got an opportunity to see it—mainly due to not having a Netflix subscription.

A drawing of the character known as the Sorceress from the He-Man cartoons. The Sorceress is a white haired woman with blue eyes. She's wearing a feashered dress emulates a bird of prey like a hawk, blue and white with hanging sleeves like wings in blue and orange; she also wears a diadem shaped like a bird of prey's face and beak. In the drawing, the Sorceress is standing before the viewer with her arms raised up behind her head, presenting the 'wings' of her dress for all to see.
26 Sorceress (He-Man and the Masters of the Universe)

He-Man was one of those cartoons from the eighties that I remember watching a lot of as a child, though the plots and characters mostly escape me—I only really remember He-Man himself and his enemy Skeletor. The Sorceress of Castle Greyskull... rings not a single bell. Nevertheless, it was kind of fun to draw her feathered dress.

A drawing of the character Princess Daisy from the Super Mario videogames. Daisy is a blue-eyed, brown-haired woman wearing a yellow dress with puffed-up short sleeves and white floral trim. She wears a crown; the front of the crown, the front of the bodice of her dress, and her earrings all have the same floral motif: a round green gem set into a ring of white petals. In the drawing, Daisy is looking at the viewer with arms folded and a distinctly unimpressed expression on her face.
27 Princess Daisy (Super Mario)

I think I've probably spent more time watching other people playing various Mario games (World, Kart, Golf, Party...) than I've spent actually playing them myself. Nonetheless, I'm familiar enough with Princess Daisy, the spare and occasionally replacement princess for Mario mainstay Peach.

I'm not sure why I decided to draw her looking so unimpressed with everything.

A drawing of the character Sirene from the manga Devilman. Sirene is a demon combining aspects of woman and bird. Her appearance is that of a naked woman whose limbs end in large bird-like talons; two great long feathered wings sprout from either side of her head, as do a pair of antennae. In the drawing, Sirene is standing with her body facing away from the viewer, her head turned to the viewer with a savage look in her eyes and the leer on her lips. Her wings descend down both in front and behind her, partially obscuring her body, leaving only a clear view of her face, back and left arm.
28 Sirene (Devilman)

A more monstrous character than usual. I'm not too familiar with Devilman, so I can't really comment on the character. I generally try to avoid too much nudity in my drawings though, so I tried for a pose that would cover just enough to be appropriate—whether this was enough though, I'll leave to others to judge...

A drawing of the character Mary Marvel from the Shazam! (formerly Captain Marvel) comics. A woman with brown eyes and curly brown hair, Mary wears a red superhero costume with gold trim, belt and bracers with a white and gold lightning bolt insignia on her chest and a while with gold trim cape attached to one shoulder by a golden brooch. In the drawing, Mary is smiling at the viewer while striking a heroic pose: hands on hips, cape and hair billowing in the breeze.
29 Mary Marvel (Shazam!, DC Comics)

A fairly straightforward superhero drawing, which is probably a good thing this late in the month. I'm peripherally familiar with the character, but haven't read any comics focusing on her, nor have I seen the Shazam movies, what with not really having much enthusiasm for superhero films in recent years.

A drawing of the character Regina from the Dino Crisis videogames. Regina is a young woman with dyed red hair cut into a bob and amber eyes. She wears a black leather leotard over a purple bodysuit with detached sleeves, along with black combat gloves and boots. She has a pistol holster and pouches attached to her hips and right leg. In the drawing, she's looking past the viewer with a determined expression while holding a submachine gun out ahead of her in her left hand and a pistol pointed upwards in her right.
30 Regina (Dino Crisis)

Dino Crisis is one of those game series that entirely passed me by, given that at that time I was mainly a PC gamer who only dipped into console world to play JRPGs. Nonetheless, Regina is one of the characters from that series! That is the extent of my knowledge!

A drawing of the Nahobino, the protagonist of the videogame Shin Megami Tensei 5. A fusion of high schooler and a being known as Aogami, the Nahobino is an androgynous young man with long flowing blue hair and golden eyes who appears to be clad in a tight-fitting dark bodysuit with blue and silver ornamention. In the drawing, the Nahobino is striking an aggressive pose, his arms raised defensively in front of him, a blue plasma blade erupting from the fingers of his right arm.
31 Nahobino (Shin Megami Tensei V)

The final drawing of Arttrober is always 'personal choice', so this year I chose to draw the Nahobino, protagonist of the game Shin Megami Tensei V. I haven't played the full game, but I did play the demo for it back in September, and liked it well enough that I'll probably pick it up... sometime. I have a lot of long JRPGs to play. In any case, I thought the Nahobino made for a very distinctive protagonist, and so I had it in the back of my mind as my drawing for the final day of October—and so I've drawn him.

So that's Arttrober 2025. I haven't loved every character I've had to draw, but I think I'm fairly satisfied with my results. Some inconsistency, some over-reliance on the same methods of shading/highlighting that I really need to experiment my way out of... but I'm basically happy. But also tired. Very tired. My favourites, looking back, were probably Terra, Nadia and Sakura. Some of my attempts to draw more 'dynamic' poses didn't quite work, but at least I was able to try a few things, and I'm gradually getting better at proportions, foreshortening and general anatomy.

Now what to draw next...?

Comments