Arttrober 2024 (Part 3 of 4)
It's October, and that means that once again I'm following the prompts for Arttrober, a daily drawing challenge that requires artists to draw specific characters from anime, comics and games over the course of the month. This post will collect the third eight days of the challenge, starting from October 17th.
The first eight days of this drawing challenge are to found here.
|
| 17 Danielle Baptiste (Witchblade) |
Witchblade is a comic series running through the nineties with a more recent revival, albeit I think short-lived. It was one of those series starring a sexy woman who didn't wear much while smiting her enemies—specifically, she was bonded with the Witchblade armour, which would emerge to cling to (some of) her body and give her various powers. This is about as much as I was able to gather from my research, anyway. There have been a few hosts for the Witchblade, and few different armour designs; I split the difference, choosing a host, a version of the armour and a pose that wouldn't make this post unsuitable for perusal at work.
Not that you should be reading this blog at work. At least wait for your break.
|
| 18 Lilith (Diablo) |
I have not played a Diablo game in some time, so I'm not really sure what's going on in the fourth entry, except that Lilith here is the main antagonist. I probably drew her more pensive than is probably fitting to her character (or maybe not—how would I know?). I also didn't expect to be drawing two characters back to back with same kind of 'organic-metallic' look to them, but here we are.
|
| 19 Sukuna (Jujutsu Kaisen) |
For clarity, this is a drawing of the protagonist of Jujutsu Kaisen, Itadori Yuji, as possessed (as I understand it) by the sorcerer Sukuna. It's also, shockingly, not a drawing of a woman—I was starting to wonder if there were any male characters on the Arttrober list at all this year. Anyway, Sukuna/Yuji here is a little bit of a breather from the relative complexity of most of the last few drawings, and we'll soon see if there'll be any other guys to join him before the end of month.
|
| 20 Cheetara (Thundercats) |
Thundercats is a cartoon show (and comic) that I used to watch as a kid. I recall Cheetara as the token female thundercat (though I may be forgetting another character) who runs really fast. This version of Cheetara isn't from that show however, but rather the later (2011?) remake, chosen purely because I consider this version of Cheetara to be a slightly more interesting design.
|
| 21 Malenia (Elden Ring) |
Elden Ring is a game I've heard a lot of good things, but haven't played. In fact, I've never played a Souls-like game. Regarding the character, she looks like a dangerous opponent with a nasty reach.
That helmet was something of a pain to draw. I could have used more time to get the details right; I had to simplify a little just to get it done in time. The perils of the daily challenge, I suppose.
|
| 22 Belldandy (Ah! My Goddess) |
Ah! My Goddess (or Oh My Goddess, sometimes), is a manga and anime I have a modest familiarity with. Belldandy (analogous with the Norn Verthandi from Norse mythology, slightly manged by Japanese phoenetics filtered into English) is a character I think is quite interesting to draw without being overwhelming for a single day challenge, so I'm not unhappy that she came up on the list.
|
| 23 Sonja (Red Sonja) |
Sword-wielding warrior women seem to a sub-theme within this year's list: we've had Psylocke, Malenia and now Red Sonja. This has forced me to find multiple good swordswomen pose reference photos. Is Red Sonja the basis for all other scantily-clad warrior women in comics, or is there someone older? Regardless, I have to admit I quite enjoyed drawing this one.
In Dungeons and Dragons (5th edition, specifically), what Sonja's wearing is considered to be medium armour, thus requiring special training to wear, and gives the wearer disadvantage on stealth checks. Just saying.
|
| 24 Aigis (Persona) |
Another high schooler to draw—a change from the more fantasy-based character designs of the last week. Except, of course, that Aigis here is no ordinary high-schooler. As to why she's so extraordinary...
Well, I basically know, but since Persona 3 is still on my to-play list (specifically Persona 3: Reload, the remake), I'm avoiding spoilers in my research, so I can't quite confirm beyond the obvious.
Arttrober continues with the next post in the series.







Comments
Post a Comment