Artwork: Tiefling Sorceress

A sorceress in flight, casting spells through her wand at an unseen opponent. Also an attempt at a more abstract kind of background that isn't merely an empty void.

Well, I don't think I have much else to say: this is very much in my regular wheelhouse, being the female with horns and long hair, in long flowing robes/dress. Well, I suppose it's unusual for me to draw someone with flight without wings.

Come to think of it, usually I draw my characters with wings when they're not actually flying. Hmm.

A drawing of a young sorceress flying through the air while casting a spell through a wand, a spellbook held open in her other hand. She's smiling slightly manically as she points the wand at someone or something somewhere off to the right. She has horns, long brown hair spreading loose behind her, lilac eyes and pointed ears. She's wearing a burgundy robe with a long skirt and sleeves and a fur trim about the shoulders. She's also wearing a silver tiara and golden hoop earrings. The background shows a city of towers and long antennas in purple silhouette against a pale sky. Everything is at a skewed angle to convey motion.
A tiefling sorceress in flight, about to do something horrible to someone with a single blast of her wand.

I had a bit of trouble creating a sense of motion in this drawing, which I think I established mainly by virtue of the skewed backdrop. I was even thinking of going a bit crazy, and having the sorceress upside-down, though I think if I'm going to do that I have to commit from the beginning in terms of how the hair falls around the subject and other elements sensitive to such minor concerns like gravity.

Comments