Artwork: Exasperated Tiefling
Yet another portrait of a tiefling/demoness. I should probably contrive some project that would make good use of all these devil ladies I keep drawing, so I feel less guilty about the time spent avoiding my real work.
On the plus side, I've found a new and exciting way to avoid drawing legs. I kid—I've used this trick before.
![]() |
| A tiefling stands hip-deep in a glowing white pool or stream, looking rather annoyed about something. |
I had a bit of difficulty with the glow of the pool/stream that the lady is standing partially immersed in. I find overtly digital effects to detract from my particular art style, even though its actually all done digitally. The archetypical example is lens flare: adding a bit of lens flare to an otherwise 'hand-drawn' style almost invariably looks uncanny, and not in a good way. Overly smooth shadow blending can have that effect, I find. Digital effects like bloom for luminous objects can work better, but only in moderation. The line is hard to find, and I'm not sure I'm on the right side of it here.

Comments
Post a Comment