Arttrober 2023 (Part 2 of 4)

It's October, and that means that once again I'm following the prompts for Arttrober, a daily drawing challenge that requires artists to draw specific characters from games, anime and comics over the course of the month. This post reviews days 9 to 16 of the challenge.

OBLIGATORY WARNING: Every one of these images was produced in a single day in the time available! They may be off-model, poorly shaded, or a little bit crap. Discretion is advised in the eye of the beholder.

A drawing of the character Rogue of the X-Men, as she appeared in the Savage Land series. She's looking at the viewer, dressed in ragged clothing while holding a spear.
09 Rogue (X-Men: Savage Land)

I know X-Men, but I don't know Savage Land, which apparently is some classic sub-series or other involving a savage land, Rogue, and possibly dinosaurs.

A drawing of the character Artoria Pendragon ("Saber") from the visual novel and anime series Fate/Stay Night. Saber is equipped in her armour, looking at the viewer while standing in a wide martial stance, holding her sword Excalibur just off the side of the drawing.
10 Saber (Fate/Stay Night)

I'm more familiar with the Fate series, having watched the Unlimited Bladeworks anime for Fate/Stay Night and the anime for Fate/Zero. So this is a portrait of King Arthur herself, summoned as Saber for the Grail Trial.

The character Ann Takamaki from the videogame Persona 5. She's dressed in her battle costume, a red leather number with an excessive number of zippers. Her hair is tied up in thick, flowing pigtails and she's wielding a whip.
11 Ann Takamaki (Persona 5)

This one came out quite nicely, I thought. I'm currently in the process of playing through the Persona series, but as of writing I've only gotten to number 2, so the fifth entry will have to wait a while.

A drawing of the character Huntress from DC Comics (most notably Batman and Birds of Prey I believe). She's looking off to one side while holding something in front of her just off-panel, her black hair billowing out to one side of her face in the wind.
12 Huntress (Batman / Birds of Prey)

I'm peripherally aware of Huntress as a DC Comics character in the general Batman mythos. I wasn't quite so aware of all the costumes she's had over time, though I suppose that's normal for superheroes. This drawing came out okay!

A drawing of the character Komi Shouko from the manga and anime series Komi Can't Communicate. She's looking directly up at the viewer, one hand raised thoughtfully to her chin. She's dressed in a high school uniform with a blazer and necktie.
13 Komi Shouko (Komi Can't Communicate)

Another schoolgirl manga/anime that I don't know anything about beyond what I can infer from the title. Still, a nice enough character to draw.

A drawing of the character Yuffie from the videogame Final Fantasy 7. She's dressed in her usual piecemeal ninja garb, holding a very large cross-shuriken hoisted onto one shoulder as she looks at the viewer.
14 Yuffie (Final Fantasy VII)

A game I've actually played! I'm quite familiar with Yuffie from Final Fantasy, and the pain it is to recruit her the first time you encounter her. What I've not played however is the Remake. I wonder if I ever will?

A drawing of the character Laura Kinney, also known as X-23, from the X-Men comic series. She's in one of her Wolverine outfits, bedecked in black and yellow, with her claws extended as she looks across at a threat somewhere off the edge of the panel.
15 X-23 / Laura Kinney (X-Men)

Another X-Men character, that being Laura Kinney, who has/had taken up the mantle of Wolverine from her clone-father Logan. I think. I just don't read many comics.

A drawing of the character Kuchiki Rukia from the manga/anime series Bleach. She's wearing a black kosode and hakama, and is holding a katana out in front of her.
16 Kuchiki Rukia (Bleach)

And finally (for this batch), we have a character from the manga/anime Bleach: Kuchiki Rukia. I like her hair. That is all.

Comments