Arttrober 2022 (Part 4 of 4)

Just as last year, I'm following the prompts for Arttrober, which challenges artists to draw specific characters from games, anime and comics over the course of the month of October, one a day. This post reviews the final seven days of the challenge.

WARNING: Every one of these images was produced in a single day in the time available! They may be off-model, badly rendered, or even just plain crap. Reader discretion is advised.

25 Madoka Kaname (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)

Oh god, I think this one came out terribly. It just looks... wrong. And pink. Very pink.

26 Nina Williams (Tekken)

This one, on the other hand, came out much better. And I got more practice at polished leather highlighting.

27 Tank Girl (Tank Girl)

Tank Girl is somewhat outside the range of things I usually draw. A little tricky, but it didn't come out too badly... I think?

28 Luffy (One Piece)

One Piece! A manga I've read / an anime I've watched! I really didn't like what I saw the first time I saw it, but this long-running Shonen story has grown a lot on me. That said, I'm not caught up on the manga—hence why I'm not showing Luffy in a certain higher gear...

29 Elesa (Pokemon)

I mean, I've played Pokemon a little... but the modern games I know very little of. I'd consider this drawing to be off-model, frankly.

30 Polaris (X-Men)

Another X-Men character. I think this one came out pretty well, and it's more shiny leather practice, which is apparently the main thing I've gotten out of this challenge.

31 Susato Mikotoba (The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles)

The thirty-first drawing is always a free pick. I'd been playing the Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, so I decided to have a stab at drawing the ever-reliable Susato. The drawing is okay, but yet again I feel that it doesn't quite look like the subject—this is a real problem for me when drawing other people's characters.

That's it! Arttrober 2022 complete. I enjoyed myself, even though it devoured more time than I perhaps strictly speaking should have devoted to it. Several of these drawings could use additional attention (or a full redraft), but that's not the spirit of the challenge is it?

Looking forward to next year...

Comments