Arttrober 2022 (Part 2 of 4)

Just as last year, I'm following the prompts for Arttrober, which challenges artists to draw specific characters from games, anime and comics over the course of the month of October, one a day. This post reviews a span of eight days, from the 9th to the 16th.

WARNING: Every one of these images was produced in a single day in the time available! They may be off-model, badly coloured, or even just plain crap. Reader discretion is advised.

09 Emma Frost (Marvel Comics)

First in this batch is Emma Frost of X-Men fame. Not too difficult to draw.

10 Jotaro (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is something that I'm aware of, but never tried to get into. I think I found the art style a bit off-putting, but I once felt the same way about One Piece.

11 Y'shtola (Final Fantasy XIV)

Okay, this one was fun—not too far off the kind of thing I usually draw anyway. As for Final Fantasy, I'm very familiar with the franchise as a whole, but I've never devoted any time to MMOs.

12 Zatanna (DC Comics)

Zatanna! Another in the list of characters I know of but haven't read/seen much of. This drawing came out well enough, but I don't think it really looks like Zatanna.

13 Marin Kitagawa (My Dress-Up Darling)

A manga I only just learned existed. Probably not a bad one either, thought the premise seems to lean heavily into the formulaic rut that a lot of modern manga/anime properties seemed to have slipped into in the last decade or so. Possibly I'm being unfair.

14 Naiad (Identity V)

I didn't know the game, but I really enjoyed drawing this character. Possibly my best work of October so far.

15 She-Hulk (Marvel Comics)

I'm going to get tired of pointing out characters that I know of but don't really know. The drawing came out fine though.

16 Alice Nakiri (Food Wars)

I think maybe I've drawn Alice's midsection a little too long? Like I rolled out the dough a bit too much?

Comments