Arttrober 2026 (Part 2 of 4)

October means drawing lots of character art, one a day for the entire month. Once again I'm following Stanley Lau's Arttrober list. This post will collect the first second days of the challenge, starting, logically enough, from October 9th.

The first eight days of this drawing challenge are to found here.

A drawing of Azula, a significant antagonist from the animation Avatar: The Last Airbender. Azula is a dark-haired woman with brown eyes who can bend the elements of fire and lightning. She wears clothes of the Fire Nation: pointed shoulder pads over a brown and red tunic and trousers. Her hair is tied back into a top-knot decorated by a dagger-like hairpin. In the drawing she is leaning forward, hands raised as she summons lightning in the direction of the viewer.
09 Azula (Avatar: The Last Airbender)

The Last Airbender is an animated show I've long thought about watching, and never got round to doing so. Its pop cultural footprint is sufficient however for me to know an almost embarrassing amount about its cast and storyline, so I know Azula at least: princess of the Fire Nation, deadly competent, and able to 'bend' (control) lightning as well as the more commonplace fire. So that's an excuse for adding some extra 'special effects' to the drawing, which I have duly done.

Comments