Artwork: Unravelled Witch

A slightly devilish witch suspended in space, her dress unravelling beneath her.

Yet another experiment with light and shadow, going for stronger contrast. Perhaps a little messier than I could have painted it, though I think I'm happy enough with the red/blue contrast. But I always change my mind regarding colours.

A drawing of a witch with devilish features looks down at the viewer while hovering above the ground. The witch is a beautiful woman with pointed ears, swept-back horns that form a broken crown around her head, and a prehensile tail. She has long, tangled dark hair extending down past her hips and is wearing a halter-top black dress that comes part in ragged strips around her bare legs. She's floating in the night sky as if sitting on nothing, and is holding a long staff topped with a crescent headpiece; coloured spheres float in the nook formed by the crescent. A strong red light emanates from the staff, and from somewhere below her; otherwise the scene is bathed in the deep blue of night.
She rises up into the night sky, without even needing her broom.

I do think that maybe I need more practice drawing toes.

Comments