Artwork: Brimstone and Gloss

Brimstone and gloss: a young lady of devilish lineage about to hit the town.

This one is something of an experiment: I've been wanting to improve how I draw glossy/shiny materials for a while, so the focus here was on the dress specifically, though I also experimented a bit on how I do hair highlights.

A drawing of a devil-lady in a short glossy lilac dress. She has indigo hair, cut short with a sloped fringe. She has long pointed ears and green eyes. She's striking a sultry pose, one hand on her knee. Her leathery wings are raised up, but remain mostly furled. Her tail wraps around her arm and leg. She looks like she's about to go out clubbing: that's clubbing as in going to nightclubs, not hitting people. That would be wrong.
She looks like she's looking for some fun, but maybe the risk is too high?

Honestly I think my artstyle favours matte materials and flat colours; too much reflection and texture can wreck a perfectly good piece of line-art. But I can't improve if I never try new techniques, and I think this one came out okay.

Comments