Artwork: Sword-wielding Erinys

An erinys (fury) wielding a sword, her wings wrapped around her lower half like a skirt.

She looks a bit like a Christmas tree, doesn't she? I might need to refine the design—perhaps this concept requires a more delicate pair of wings that the heavy feathered limbs I usually equip my winged humanoids with.

A drawing of a horned swordswoman with large feathered wings, wrapped low around her hips as a kind of battle-skirt. She's holding a long katana-like blade in a two-handed high guard while looking at something off to her side. The swordswoman has bobbed purple hair, curled ram's horns, pointed ears and golden eyes. She's wearing a turquoise halter-top dress with detached sleeves. Her feathered wings are green, sprouting from the swordswoman's upper back. A number of vaguely feathery, ribbon-like tendrils also extend from her back, spreading out behind her head and shoulders. The background is a hazy field of gold and pink, with a set of concentric rings directly behind the subject.
Guarded from top to bottom, and ready to strike.

I'm not sure what the feathery/ribbon-like tendrils extending out the erinys's back are supposed to be. I think I just wanted to make the overall composition a bit less triangular.

Comments