Remastered: Tiefling and Familiar

A 'remaster' of an older drawing, because I felt like it: a tiefling acolyte and her draconic familiar, or possibly a familiar and their tiefling, depending on who really is in control.

A certain drawing, originally from September 2023, never quite seemed to work for me, despite me being reasonably happy with the line-art at the time. So I thought to redraw it, but instead came to the conclusion that there was little point in doing so—at least, not from scratch. So I made some tweaks, redrew the face and repositioned some ephemery like the horns, and inadvertently lost track of the drawing's original orientation when flipping it horizontally back and forth as part of the editing process.

A drawing of a young woman with pointed ears and upwardly-curving horns walking towards the viewer, a small dragon-like familiar draped over her shoulders. She has pale blue hair spilling over one shoulder, green eyes and a devil's tail which flicks out from behind her as she walks. She has purple-painted lips, a golden eyerbrow piercing, and wears earrings and earclips. The familiar has their wings partially unfurled, framing the woman's face while they cling to her possessively, clasping her cheek. The woman is wearing a dark teal jacket with long frilled sleeves, a cravat with a jewel mounted over the collar, and thigh-high leather boots over trousers. The background is pinkish smoke rising into darkness.
She walks towards you, a slightly blank look in her eyes as the familiar draped across her shoulders appears to whisper into her ear.

It's a little better? But still fundamentally the same? Probably the lesson is that I should focus on drawing new things rather than obsessing over older drawings. Or I should at least go further back than two years, to a point where my line-art skills really were different.

Or, y'know, actually try drawing the character in a different pose.

Comments