Artwork: Tiefling Warlord
Emerging from fire, a winged devil woman, resplendent in plate armour and carrying a wicked spiked morningstar.
I've been trying to draw more dramatic and challenging poses. In this case, drawing someone from a low angle perspective, causing her to loom over the viewer. Another challenge: drawing armour. Armour is hard—the plates should have rigid shape, correctly distorted to match perspective. On a character not standing wholly straight, seen from an angle not wholly direct, it's difficult to get the position of all the plates right.
At least, that's my excuse. It took so many attempts to get this lady's armour looking at least acceptably adequate as to allow me to proceed.
![]() |
| A tiefling warlord, deciding whether or not to bash your brains in. Proceed carefully. |
Overall, fairly happy with this one. Always room for improvement—I'm thinking I'm nearing the limits of what I can do with my current approach to shading and colouring without trying out new techniques. Something else to think about.

Comments
Post a Comment